[Chugalug] Apple announces the new iPhone...its gold.

Lynn Dixon boodaddy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 20:33:16 UTC 2013

Chad,
I am going to disagree.  The fingerprint scanner has been on mobile phones
for a while now, so its nothing new.  The Motorola Atrix had one that
worked pretty good.  To me, they are kinda useless, and seems gimmicky.

64 bit is "meh" for me right now.  it will be a few years before developers
take hold of it, and by then something better will be out anyways.  This
won't pull me away from Android.

Why does the compass, gyroscope and acceleromoter need a separate deidcated
processor?  My 2 year old Nexus handles all of them great right now,
without a dedicated processor.

As for your "faster CPU" and "desktop level apps" comment, I honestly
 don't use my phone as my desktop.  Until someone does true device
convergance well, I will never use my phone as my desktop, regardless  of
how much horsepower it has.  I need at least dual screen, high resolution
support, with full keyboard and mouse connectivity.  It also needs to do
USB devices (Think storage) well.

I was really hoping the Ubuntu Phone would have become a reality.  That is
true innovation.  To me, this new iPhone is indeed a speedbump of
improvement.

Meet the new phone, same as the old phone.