[Chugalug] OpenSource Meeting Next Week

David White dwrudy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 20:13:50 UTC 2013

Here's the email they sent out a few weeks ago (which elicited one of my
more snarky / sarcastic emails to the Chugalug list, because they sent the
email to 199 of their members without using BCC):

Our September Lunch and Networking Event information:

Wednesday, September 18

11:30 am until 1:00 pm

BDC

100 Cherokee Boulevard

Chattanooga, TN  37405

This event will be a panel discussion:

Topic:   Open Source

*Open Source Development is one of Chattanooga's fastest growing skill
sets.  Partly because Chattanooga is becoming a hot bed for start-up
companies who can take advantage of these free programming languages ,but
larger companies are seeing the benefit too.  The audience will be
introduced to Open Source developers in the Chattanooga area.  The
developers will discuss how they use Open Source technologies, why they use
Open Source.  If your company is using Open Source technologies we invite
you to come and meet these developers in person.*

*Panelist:  Adam Tootle  Software Engineer at LifeKraze*

*Lee Adkins Senior Software Engineer at LifeKraze*

*Alan Moss Software Developer EPB*

*Brian Hooper Director on the Release and Deployment Team Unum*

*Andrew Pierce Senior Developer on the CaseSentry Team for ShoreGroup based
in NY*

*Cory D. Wiles Senior iOS Developer Salesforce*

*Please register with the attached link:*

*http://www.eventbrite.com/event/7578967897?ref=ebtnebtckt*

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Stephen Haywood <
stephen at averagesecurityguy.info> wrote:

> Does anyone on the list have details about the meeting? The eventbrite
> page says open source developers in the area will be introduced and people
> will have a chance to meet with them. Any idea which open source developers
> are being spotlighted?
>
> --
> Stephen Haywood
> Owner, ASG Consulting
> CISSP, GSEC, OSCP
> 423.305.3700
> stephen at averagesecurityguy.info
>

> On Sep 10, 2013, at 3:29 PM, Rod <rod-lists at epbfi.com> wrote:
>
> > What would it take to be relevant?
> > The community needs something like it to work.  Can it be fixed?
> >
> > On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 14:45:55 -0400, Aaron welch <n2nightfall at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > The CTC has long since lost relevance to me.
> >
> > -AW
> >

> > On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 2:28 PM, David White <dwrudy at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm going, but only because I'm already a member of CTC and already paid
> my annual due at the beginning of the year. I'm not renewing my membership
> next year.
> >

> > On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Stephen Haywood <
> stephen at averagesecurityguy.info> wrote:
> > Is this Chattanooga Technology Council meeting next week going to be
> worth the $20 I have pay to attend?
> > --
> > Stephen Haywood
> > Owner, ASG Consulting
> > CISSP, GSEC, OSCP
> > 423.305.3700
> > stephen at averagesecurityguy.info

> > --
> > David White
> > Founder & CEO
> >
> > Develop CENTS
> > Computing, Equipping, Networking, Training & Supporting
> > Nonprofit Organizations Worldwide
> > http://developcents.com
> > 423-693-4234

> > --
> > Aaron Welch
> > Chief Mechanic @ Geek Ventures
> > 423-505-9999
> > n2nightfall at gmail.com
> > "Enabling people to do great things with their own ideas."
> >

> > --
> > Using Opera's mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

David White
Founder & CEO