[Chugalug] rant: bad website design

Rod rod-lists at epbfi.com
Tue Sep 10 18:26:39 UTC 2013

I may not be an expert but I'm tired of bad website design.

Example 1: I heard about a special sustainable seafood event at the
Aquarium. So I go to the events tab to get more info.
http://www.tnaqua.org/Events/Events.aspx
But it is not there! I had to use the google to find the proper link.
https://community.tnaqua.org/2013event Call me crazy But I think that is
bad design.

Example 2: I was hanging out on some forums when someone asked about some
LARP games held by a national organization(Mind's Eye Society) in New
England.
So I went to the Mind's Eye Society to see which regional group New
England was under.
You see each region has its own page with links to cities groups.
So at the national site I spy a games drop down menu. There I find a menu
item titled MES Regions.
That takes me to a map page that shows the regions, an unclickable map
page.
Plus there are no listed links to regional pages. Using the map I was able
to determine that New England falls under the North East region.
That plus a google search lead me to the North East Region site and RSS
feed. At least they have an RSS feed.

Now wouldn't have been simpler to have a listing of the regions on the
main page that link to the region sites?

Banging my head now.