[Chugalug] Blog post - "To my daughter's high school programming teacher"

William Roush william.roush at roushtech.net
Tue Sep 10 04:45:03 UTC 2013

Also, in response to the blog post (improvement suggestion #1): if I
actively seeked out more girls for the class I may have worked at, that
would have looked.... odd to say the least. General discussions about
getting the class together with students (which was held after their
general computing class) was 100% boys at the time, and we were an IT
heavy school at the time, it's a difficult position to be in (at least
if you're a male, which if you're teaching programming you're likely to be).

William Roush