[Chugalug] Blog post - "To my daughter's high school programming teacher"

William Roush william.roush at roushtech.net
Tue Sep 10 04:40:29 UTC 2013

When I worked at a high school doing general IT work (they also wanted
me to teach a programming class), I know an additional factor is the
amount of garbage you had to deal with from administration, a lot of
that from really lazy top-down legislation that sounded good before, but
just put more busy work onto teacher's shoulders, and sure wasn't
improving any quality (and costing more).

I think a better question is why does additional money being given to
schools usually end up in just a larger administrative staff (at least
in my experience, it was like 6ish years ago).

William Roush