[Chugalug] Blog post - "To my daughter's high school programming teacher"

William Roush william.roush at roushtech.net
Tue Sep 10 04:04:59 UTC 2013

Yeah, this really boils down to simple bullying in the classroom. Though
I'd think that a school that had a PROGRAMMING course would have a
little more quality teachers to deal with that sort of garbage (though
every school has it's terrible teachers, and maybe programming classes
have become more common than I understand they are at the high school
level).

Though I would have been tempted to see about getting her to a community
college for her intro to programming, at least my experience there was a
lot more orderly (and we did have girls in our classes... not many but a
few), and you can pretty much bet the high school class will be
borderline garbage all around.

William Roush