[Chugalug] Linux on Toshiba S75

Andrew Pierce foomonkey at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 23:56:50 UTC 2013

I wanted to just buy a "commodity" laptop and run Linux on it like we used
to be able to. I haven't bought a Windows machine in 10 years so I didn't
realized how they'd F#%@'d things up as of late. Work provides me a Dell
Latitude which runs pretty much any Linux flawlessly with no hokey UEFI
crap.

I had an IBM Thinkpad forever and it was solid as a rock. I might have to
look at a Lenovo. But I've read where they generally have crappy displays.
I'm sure you can spend more and get a better monitor.

I've heard of System76 but never seriously considered. Sounds like I
should.