[Chugalug] Being careful with devices with memory chips
ub3ratl4sf00 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 06:02:37 UTC 2013
Depends on the transformer and if tou set your device close enough to
induct into it.
On Sep 3, 2013 8:49 PM, "Mike Harrison" <cluon at geeklabs.com> wrote:
> Not exactly a direct answer to an off-topic question:
> I've been told that devices with memory chips can be destroyed by
> Microwave ovens.. HERF (got a 5watt plus CD Radio?), high voltage like a TV
> flyback transformer or from a spark plug wire, being near or part of a
> plasma torch or arc welder circuit.. In fact, while using my plasma torch
> tonight, I put my cell phone on the hood of the car about 30 feet away.
> Cats and balloons making static electricity can be fun, and dangerous for
> your electronics.
> You want to be real careful with mobile phones, tablets, SD cards and USB
> drives that you don't do any of those things, it'll erase them or fry them
> without a trace to let you know what happened. Even the NSA would have to
> grind down the chip and attempt to read the last state with an electron
> microscope or something else even weirder.
> So be careful out there: iOS, Linux and Winders portable devices are still
> subject to e-brain implosions if handled improperly.
> Chugalug mailing list
> Chugalug at chugalug.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Chugalug