[Chugalug] Bitcoins: It's all about cash, that is, the real stuff

Mike Robinson miker at sundialservices.com
Wed Sep 4 04:23:14 UTC 2013

> Now, mining has largely become a matter of getting your hands on the newest
> miners [[ early enough to generate a profit (barring another bubble). ]] There
> are [[ very few ]] [[ technical ]] barriers to mining other than cash. Right now, that
> requires a minimum $5K [[ investment ]] and [[ may ]] not deliver returns [[ any time soon
> (if at all). ]] [[ That is, barring another bubble. ]]

"There are none so blind as those who will not see."

YES, "there are NO technical barriers to 'mining.'"  Other than the O-N-E ... T-H-I-N-G ... that actually matters to the clever mathematicians who conceived of it:

UNITED STATES DOLLARS.

You're paying $5,000 USD for "a magical money machine," and it's S-L-O-W-L-Y dawning on you that the words which I have enclosed in [[ double brackets ]] can be omitted entirely from these sentences.

You're being very cleverly suckered.  It's as simple as that.  And, you're pouring serious money ( >= $5000 USD ) into "the same damn con" that has been foisted upon "clever, smart" (sic) people, well, since time began.

"Public-key cryptography" is designed around a truly-intractable (so far as we know ...) mathematical problem. Whereas "bitcoin" is designed around a =difficult= problem (at least, "difficult" in the way that all of you have been taught to approach it ...), yet "not so difficult that it cannot be, by sheer brute force, periodically solved."  A quarter has to drop out of the one-armed bandit now and then, just to keep the suckers going.  Obviously, there IS a "private key" to this puzzle, and, equally obviously, you don't have it.  All of this is plenty good enough to enable people to sell you(!) these mathematical one-armed bandits for $5,000 USD a pop.

There is no "bubble."  There is only:  "sucker."

" ... and two to take him."