[Chugalug] OT. Microsoft buys Nokia

Eric Wolf ebwolf at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 22:46:18 UTC 2013

Microsoft is reporting a $4B increase in revenue in 2013 over 2012. I sure
wouldn't mind circling that drain for a while. With the addition of Nokia,
they are now larger than Google and Apple combined. Their revenue isn't as
high as Apple's but now exceeds IBMs with less than half the workforce.

One has to remember that Microsoft is in business to make money, not be the
coolest company or even the most innovative.

Number of Employees (via Wikipedia)
IBM: 434,246
Microsoft: 97,000
Google: 44,777