[Chugalug] OT. Microsoft buys Nokia

Stephen Kraus ub3ratl4sf00 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 21:41:37 UTC 2013

It doesn't seem like a great move, I think that its just an attempt to
offset Google's purchase of Motorla Mobility, which is silly because byond
some interesting devices, Nokia has been circling the drain and the only
real income Microsoft is getting from mobile products is fron licensing
Android patents, and that is a questionable tactic.

I think its just further proof that Steve Ballmet is circling the drain
towards his retirement.

Unless Microsofts mobile development team pulls of a miracle, this just
seems like a way to maximize their patent prtfolio and nothing more.