[Chugalug] ButterFly ASIC Single arrived -- My review

Lynn Dixon boodaddy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 19:18:04 UTC 2013

Dan, exactly.  Maybe I did a poor job of explaining it.  After 2000 blocks
the network evaluates the time it took to hash those blocks.  If it
generated more than the targeted 6 blocks per hour, then the hash
difficulty is increased as an efford to make it 'harder" for the network as
a whole to "guess" the hash. Currently the reward for finding a block is 25
BTC.  This reward decreases with time.  The larger the difficulty, the
longer it will take a machine to guess the hash.
The blocks per hour rate never changes, the network will adjust difficulty
to always maintain 6 blocks per hour.