[Chugalug] "Code for America" $420,000 USD

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Tue Sep 3 17:03:28 UTC 2013

On Sep 3, 2013, at 12:23 PM, Rod <rod-lists at epbfi.com> wrote:

> http://austin.sheltr.org/

So the code exists, the server exists.. is there a need for a local code monkey?

Why wouldn't chattanooga.sheltr.org  simply be a subset of the exact same database.

or a mirror copy of Austin's system with Chattanooga data ?

But the app at: http://austin.sheltr.org/  did not work when I tried searching for any combination of things,
given a valid Austin address as a starting point.

And it's an overlay of Google Maps. I can do this all day long.  Better, Cheaper.
Only I do this for money, for people with real needs, that pay for it.
And even for them, the data acquisition and correlation/maintenance is the hard part.

Like I said, I smell someone sucking money from grant funds and local government more than anything else.