[Chugalug] "Code for America" $420,000 USD

Rod rod-lists at epbfi.com
Tue Sep 3 16:23:53 UTC 2013

This the Austin version of the site.
http://austin.sheltr.org/

Some valid points Mike. There is surprising cell penetration in the
homeless. Actually not when you consider a family that was middle class
goes homeless they don't lose all their stuff. I would point out first gen
smart phones are starting to become real cheap.

After looking at the sheltr.org it looks like it could be used by clients
or caseworkers.
And the way this city shuts down shelter space it can be handy to know who
is and who is not open.
Interfaith network for example relies on churches allowing the use of
their buildings at night.

As to who would take ownership of this project, I would think the homeless
coalition or one of it's members.
Perhaps Pilgrim Congregation or the Unitarians if I were to  approach a
church.

If someone wants to work on this for Chattanooga I'll introduce you to
agencies who could benefit from this.