[Chugalug] "Supplying the Mining World" -- Re: ButterFly ASIC Single

Mike Robinson miker at sundialservices.com
Mon Sep 2 13:13:32 UTC 2013

On Sep 2, 2013, at 7:00 AM, chugalug-request at chugalug.org wrote:
> Re: ButterFly ASIC Single

In my library I have an excellent book, "Supplying the Mining World."  which to me neatly sums-up how "Bit-con" actually works.  The people who really made a fortune during the California Gold Rush days were hardware-store proprietors, like Leland Stanford and Mark Crocker (who went on to do quite well with the transcontinental railroad), and photographers.  Nearly all of the hopefuls never made a dime, but they all bought shovels and sluice-pans in the big city, and they all wanted to have their pictures taken.

As long as this device works as advertised ... it will accelerate the task of solving this computationally-difficult yet-solvable problem ... then it is in the eyes of the law as legitimate a thing to sell as any one of P. T. Barnum's tickets to see "the amazing egress."