[Chugalug] ButterFly ASIC Single arrived -- My review

Lynn Dixon boodaddy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 02:10:06 UTC 2013

Keith,
I can't find my blasted watt meter to measure power consumption.  I can't
remember if I leant it out to someone, or if I have just misplaced it.

I am guessing that my unit is in about the same lines as all the other BFL
60GHash singles shipped, and thats anywhere from 350 to 375 watts of power,
which is extremely effecient when compared to one of my 500 Mhash GPU
consuming 250 to 300 watts.

It's hard to say if buying now would net you quick profits. I would look at
some of the calculators that are out there.  My favorie is the one at
http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/  since it allows you to easily tweak the
numbers to give different scenarios.   Keep in mind that alot of companies
are beginning to ship ASIC's now, and BFL has announced their Monarch which
is a 600 GHash unit that runs on around 300 watts in a nice PCI-E form
factor to make it super dense.