[Chugalug] OT: printing playing cards

Phil Shapiro pshapiro at his.com
Wed Oct 30 22:51:01 UTC 2013

This might help....

How To Make Your Own Playing Cards

http://www.lybrary.com/how-to-make-your-own-playing-cards-a-11.html

----- Original Message -----

From: "Dan Lyke" <danlyke at flutterby.com>
To: chugalug at chugalug.org
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 6:37:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Chugalug] OT: printing playing cards

On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 18:10:56 -0400
John Aldrich <jmaldrich at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sorry about the OT question, but I'm not sure where else to ask
> about getting something printed in the Chattanooga area. :)

Does Jones Citiprint still exist? Barring that, does Jones Printing
still exist?

That was my first job out of high school, and they could definitely
print them, but it probably won't be cheap.

Rounded corners are one thing (usually you do this with a die, which
has setup costs), but the coating to get a real playing card feel is
pretty hard to do, especially printing after the coating is applied (as
I found when I googled "inkjet playing cards")

Dan