[Chugalug] MySQL Tuning... With Oracle/Java MySQL Enterprise Monitor

Wil Wade willm.wade at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 19:41:56 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Mike Harrison <cluon at geeklabs.com> wrote:

> What do you like about the New Relic services?

(Note I do not pay for the service, but have used it a few times) New Relic
is focused on optimizing the application not the settings (although I would
not be surprised if they did not add some of that, so my info may be out of
date).

For PHP/MySQL (they support other lang, but this is my experience)
applications it is a really nice tool to look inside your application in
action for speed restrictions. Slowest query and page lists, averages,
etc... Nice error logging and parsing. Lots of other stuff (including
caching server monitoring and charts), but I have not used it extensively.