[Chugalug] OT: CB/FRS/HAM for road-tripping

Rod rod-lists at epbfi.com
Sun Oct 27 19:06:20 UTC 2013

Well it is a hobby that has a lot options to tinker.
Fox hunting or transmitter hunting is a big sub-hobby. Hams hold fox hunts
to test their skills.
The Civil Air Patrol ad other groups use it to find down planes.

Last one I was on the the hams that hang out on the 440mhz band track a
signal that was sweeping the band to Mowbray Mountain.
Turned out to be a tv amp left on in an RV that was temperature sensitive
and shifting frequencie with the temp change.

Here is a list of Digital modes.
http://www.arrl.org/digital-data-modes

http://wb8nut.com/digital/

On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 13:09:16 -0400, Bret McHone <dbmchone at gmail.com> wrote:

> You presume too much. I don't know enough about it to know those
> options. It is simply to learn at this point.
> -B
> On Oct 27, 2013 11:05 AM, "Rod" <rod-lists at epbfi.com> wrote:
>> I'm well aware of that definition.What I meant was are your interested
>> in a particular facet of ham radio? HF, VHF, UHF, or microwave?
>> Slow or fast scan television? Telemetry? Fox hunting? Emergency radio
>> services? Receiving Weather FAX data directly from  WX satellites in
>> space? Accessing OSCAR satellites?
>>

>> On Tue, 15 Oct 2013 06:41:37 -0400, Bret McHone <dbmchone at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> tin·ker