[Chugalug] OT - LinkedIn's new "Intro" App

William Roush william.roush at roushtech.net
Sat Oct 26 05:47:57 UTC 2013

LinkedIn really kind of frustrates me, it's probably the first "social
media" site that seems to have a really strong and viable business model
(people will actually PAY for accounts on that, recruiters do a lot, if
they could nail down sending me RELEVANT business articles and making
communities more than a spamfest that would be awesome ), but any kind
of shady stuff they do will continue to threaten that.

Though this mainly seems to be an exec saying "I want the integration I
have on Outlook on my iPhone too, make it work!" and the developers
coming up with a dirty hack to do so. Even though they have policies and
whatnot claiming they're not going to be touching stuff, man I could
only imagine the liability (both legal and reputation) they put on the
line for a trivial feature that Apple by design refuses to support
(extensibility of their applications... they know best after all).

William Roush