[Chugalug] Extending WiFi access range

Dan Lyke danlyke at flutterby.com
Thu Oct 24 23:31:36 UTC 2013

Cell network coverage at the house ain't all that. Both our phones do
WiFi calling just fine, but drop when we wander from house to
workshop.

I've currently got two WiFi networks, one in my house (Zyxel ZTE300)
and one in my workshop (Linksys WRT54GL). I want one WiFi network, on
which my devices can roam between the house and the workshop.

When I've set up both with the same ESSID, I believe I had problems. I
don't remember all the details.

I'm not averse to buying a new gateway/router and just setting the
ZTE300 to passthrough, and a new AP or (preferred) AP+hub combo.

What should I buy so that we can seamlessly wander between house and
workshop without dropping WiFi coverage?

Dan