[Chugalug] Laptop SMTP server vs UUCP over TCP

Darren Breidigan la.tete.chauve.yeti at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 13:37:09 UTC 2013

On 10/24/2013 8:00 AM, chugalug-request at chugalug.org wrote:
> I encourage you and everyone on this list to self-host your own email.
>   I know at least one Datacenter in town that doesn't have any extra
> black boxes or fiber taps....
>
> Regards,
>
> dtb
That was the next question. The assumption is that you need a domain for
this
(HostGator/GoDaddy) and point it to your server.

The idea behind the UUCP was to send PC to PC email without a web provider
and maybe tucked into a VPN/SSL setup or even a VIDALIA router.

Darren

--
"Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it."
                                     -George Santayana