[Chugalug] OT: esxi 5.5 and winxp 32

William Roush william.roush at roushtech.net
Fri Oct 18 14:46:45 UTC 2013

I honestly think the whole vRAM fiasco was embarrassing on all levels,
they tooted their horn about great it was, I wrote a multi-page blog
post blasting their model and how it was more expensive for anyone that
knew what they were doing and attempting to get higher guest:host
ratios. I was also one of the most active community members during the
time participating in the threadnaught they had about it.

Microsoft swoops in, takes a good chunk of customers over it, massive
marketing material that parrots what I've basically detailed, VMWare
retracts their bad decision.

Building their web tools on Apache Flex (Used to be Adobe Flex) is
terrible, they have the resources to do a proper nearly full HTML5/JS
feature-rich (I understand console access possibly needed to be done as
some sort of a plugin, but still...), highly responsive and efficient
client/server. Alas the largest hypervisor producer takes the easy road
as opposed to the more sustainable one.

It'll be sad to see VMWare to continue to fall over bad decisions, I
really prefer their hypervisor over all others right now.

William Roush