[Chugalug] OT: esxi 5.5 and winxp 32

Matt Keys mk6032 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 17 22:10:51 UTC 2013

Just a heads up that I discovered winxp 32 bit isn't compatible with the
new vsphere 5.5 client. I'm pretty sure it's because of
http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2049143 , but that refers to the real vsphere
server whereas I'm connecting at the host level with the client. This is
the error I get : http://www.mattkeys.net/winxp32_esxi55.png . The same
machine using 5.1 client worked just fine, there are no
network/firewall/av issues to note. My clients installed on Win 7 and 8
machines are working fine. Also note the "you won't see all the new
snazzy features of 5.5 with the real client" message. It seems like
they're pushing you to the web client, which requires a vsphere server
(standard/enterprise) license does it not?