[Chugalug] Verizon Data Usage metrics

wes wes at the-wes.com
Mon Oct 14 22:00:21 UTC 2013

Verizon/Sprint and AT&T/t-mobile phones won't cross over. Even within the
same technology branches, there are issues. Like AT&T and t-mobile use
different frequencies for their 3G connections, so if you take your AT&T
phone and put a t-mobile SIM in it, you'll only get EDGE network
connections & speeds.

you'll want to find one of the discount providers that re-sells the network
you're already on. straight talk does all of them I think, while some like
Page Plus only do 1 network.

you will need to unlock your phone if it's locked (most are). this may or
may not involve rooting it first, depending on the specific phone.

-wes