[Chugalug] Verizon Data Usage metrics

James Nylen jnylen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 20:13:29 UTC 2013

Have you thought about running all traffic on your Android device through
OpenVPN?  It's probably a good idea anyway, and it doesn't require root.
 Then you could monitor traffic usage using whatever your normal tools are
for your home network.

I haven't done this yet, but here are some links that may be useful:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.blinkt.openvpn
https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/index.php?p=/discussion/108/openvpn-configuration-on-android-instead-of-pptp-ipsec/p1
http://blog.wwwjfy.net/2012/01/05/use-openvpn-on-galaxy-nexus/