[Chugalug] mysql vs mariadb (was: Re: "How libraries can be a haven for makers")

Ed King chevyiinova at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 14 19:40:29 UTC 2013

Digging up old emails...

We've been on the new servers for a few weeks now, and things are hunky dory

but...   we stuck with mysql instead of putting mariadb into production.   After setting the mysql transaction isolation level to "READ COMMITTED" we stopped getting those pesky "lockwait timeouts" and that was our main beef with mysql.   Yeah we don't trust Oracle but then again...  can we trust Monty?  He sold out the first time; he might do it again ;-)

so no mariadb war stories to tell