[Chugalug] Verizon Data Usage metrics

David White dwrudy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 19:39:25 UTC 2013

Verizon is claiming that I used 1-3GB of data last month. As  network
engineer, I know that's not possible, and I know that I've never come close
to using 1-3 GB of data on my phone.

Does anyone know how Verizon calculates their data usage, and what I can do
to go about monitoring / calculating my data usage for hard evidence?

This is a Galaxy S3, not rooted.

I know I haven't used that much data, but according to Verizon's built-in
data usage app, I've used less than 200mb (aside from the fact that I have
a good idea of how much data 1GB equals, and know I didn't come close to
using that much).

--
David White
Founder & CEO