[Chugalug] OT: CB/FRS/HAM for road-tripping

Alex Smith (K4RNT) shadowhunter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 16:17:39 UTC 2013

The American Radio Relay League is a good place to start:

www.arrl.org

Feel free to contact me off-list if you'd like further resources, and
referrals to local amateur radio clubs.

Cheers, and hope to eventually talk to you on the air!

--Alex Smith (K4RNT)
-Dulles, Virginia USA

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Bret McHone <dbmchone at gmail.com> wrote:

> <threadjack> any recommended material for the person looking to tinker
> with ham radio? /<threadjack>
> On Oct 14, 2013 10:21 AM, "Stephen Kraus" <ub3ratl4sf00 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> With the right power, antenna, and welavelength, you can talk to home
>> base anywhere.
>> On Oct 14, 2013 10:18 AM, "James Nylen" <jnylen at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Would be awesome to take a setup like that to Burning Man.

episode "The Drumhead"
- Alex Smith (K4RNT)