[Chugalug] hmm Someone with ACH connections, Groks bitcoins, and meet regs could make a fortune

Stephen Kraus ub3ratl4sf00 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 17:40:24 UTC 2013

You are assuming that they care about Bitcoin or see the value in it. They
don't, or at least they haven't shown any interest in it publicly. Its very
doubtful that they would intend to do such a thing anyways, as the
FBI/Secret Service tends to get their value from seized possessions through
public auction, but if its something they see as not having a recognizable
value they will simply destroy it.

Not to mention: The budget crisis has only been compounded by the shutdown.

Bitcoin is not a solution to the budget crisis. Nice penny stocks idea, but
I doubt the Federal Reserve sees any value in bitcoin

Not to mention: You are trying to assign the value of the bitcoins retained
on the hard disks to the computer hardware they reside on, that is not how
they are going to value it. Chances are, due to the fact that they are
using information on that very system to hunt down illicit drug re-sellers,
they are not letting that hardware out to the public, at least with the
hard disks intact.