[Chugalug] Shaw (Dalton) looking for Java Developers and more..

Lynn Dixon boodaddy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 15:38:44 UTC 2013

Bob Shaw hasn't owned Shaw carpets in a long time. he sold out to Berkshire
Hathaway back in 2001.

Bob Shaw has recently started a new company called Engineered Floors and is
building new plants in the Dalton Calhoun areas. From what I gather he is
targeting segments of the market that are not fully covered by Mohawk or
Shaw.  The competitve advantage he is using is that he is building brand
new mills and developing new machines that can make product much faster and
much more automated,  requiring less labor thereby lowering his costs. Most
of the stuff Mohawk and Shaw are using are machines that are 30 years old.

Source: I've been working in Dalton and the floor covering industry for
about 15 years