[Chugalug] IT Security-related Meetup?

David White dwrudy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 23:41:18 UTC 2013

Enzo's has expressed interest / willingness in allowing us to use their
outside patio space. We're nailing down the details now, but I've suggested
either Tuesday evening, the 22nd, or Thursday the 24th.

I've also assured them that a number of the IT folks who attend would be
drinking some of their beer (remember, the goal is not to bring just IT
folks, but to bring the general public too).

As I indicated, t*he goal* of the "event" would be to bring IT folks
together with anyone who is not in IT for two reasons:

   - Someone not in IT could ask questions about concepts, security (a
   question-free-for-all in a networking type of environment)
   - Everyone could network, pass out business cards, meet other people,
   etc... (could be good for both the IT crowd and the non-IT crowd)

So if you as an IT person came out, I'd ask you to be willing to give
general advice to the non-techies in attendance (Part of the reason for the
event is to promote Cyber Security Awareness Month, and cyber security
awareness in general).

That said, you'd also be welcome to bring your business cards, marketing
material, etc.... I just think it would be a potentially valuable event for
everyone involved. Good networking for Chugaluggers to Chugaluggers, good
networking for non IT folks to other non IT folks, and good networking for
us to non IT folks.

--
David White
Founder & CEO