[Chugalug] OT: CB/FRS/HAM for road-tripping

Rod rod-lists at epbfi.com
Thu Oct 10 20:16:35 UTC 2013

BTW a good 70cm/ 440 can hit the FRS band which is in the 460's just  
remember to turn the power down.

On Thu, 10 Oct 2013 16:04:04 -0400, Rod <rod-lists at epbfi.com> wrote:

> None the licenses require morse anymore.
> And ham if you go far enough in licenses will give you broad spectrum.
> Beginning tech will give you VHF, UHF, some microwave and I think some  
> 10 meter (HF). Check that last part.
> In the midwest 2 meter/145MHz band carries far.
> Now 6 meter can be fun.  ole 6 sometimes acts like vhf and sometimes he  
> thinks he is HF. Just depends. And a tech can use that.
> I find out what replacing the icom 706 these days and put that in.
> But walkies will do. The come in tri band and quad bands these days.
> ps you would be surprise where we have repeaters(Disney World, Space).
> http://www.ky4ky.com/vetesting_materials.htm

Using Opera's mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

More information about the Chugalug mailing list