[Chugalug] OT: CB/FRS/HAM for road-tripping

Rod rod-lists at epbfi.com
Thu Oct 10 20:04:04 UTC 2013

None the licenses require morse anymore.
And ham if you go far enough in licenses will give you broad spectrum.
Beginning tech will give you VHF, UHF, some microwave and I think some 10
meter (HF). Check that last part.

In the midwest 2 meter/145MHz band carries far.
Now 6 meter can be fun.  ole 6 sometimes acts like vhf and sometimes he
thinks he is HF. Just depends. And a tech can use that.

I find out what replacing the icom 706 these days and put that in.
But walkies will do. The come in tri band and quad bands these days.

ps you would be surprise where we have repeaters(Disney World, Space).
http://www.ky4ky.com/vetesting_materials.htm