[Chugalug] IT Security-related Meetup?

David White dwrudy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 15:52:11 UTC 2013

It's National Cyber Security Awareness Month (
http://developcents.com/blog/09302013-1619/cyber-security-awareness-month-2013),
and I'd like to organize some sort of meetup for later this month to bring
IT / security professionals along side "normal folks" in a
meet-and-greet-and-ask-questions type of event.

I know that this is a bit last minute, but I think it would be a great idea
to print something off in a small type of brochure / handout that non-IT
attendees would get that would give very brief & basic security "things to
think about" and point them to local people / resources in town.

I'm half thinking out loud right now (err... thinking by typing), so this
might be a stupid idea, and it would just make more sense to invite IT
professionals to bring their own marketing stuff / brochures / business
cards and just turn it into a normal meetup / networking event.

I've got an email out to a place in downtown Chattanooga to see if they'd
be willing to host the event (yes, there would be beer there). If that
doesn't work, I've got a few other ideas of places in town.

Would anyone be interested in coming?

--
David White
Founder & CEO