[Chugalug] Have you tried KDE lately?

Randy Yates lpcustom at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 17:35:42 UTC 2013

CLI is great unless you need to visualize something you are working on. For
instance, OpenGL games would be difficult to write using nothing but the
CLI. Web design is another work related aspect that you still need a GUI
for, just so you can see how your site is looking to anyone visiting it.
Sure you can use elinks, but that's not going to help you very much with
images and such. I wish my work could all be accomplished in the CLI, but
the only job I can think of that would allow me to stay in the CLI 100% of
the time would be Linux System Admin.

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Unkmar <unkmar at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm with Ed and Mike.  CLI doesn't change all that much.  usually black on
> white or reverse of that.  Most all the commands and parameters stay the
> same.  Some may say it isn't pretty.  I say it works the same way, day in
> and day out.  And working is what I have to get done.  I don't like playing
> with my GUI when there is work I'm trying to get done.
>

> On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 6:58 AM, Mike Harrison <cluon at geeklabs.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 8 Oct 2013, Ed King wrote:
>>
>>> but what does it matter, I spend most of my time in the CLI anyway, lol
>>>

>> I'm with Ed. Even though I'm using a Mac sometimes now, it looks like a
>> bunch of terms and a web browser. Once you are good at command line stuff,
>> even simple drag and drop file management is a royal pain.

Google reads my email!