[Chugalug] Calculating the next Thanksgivukkah

Robert A. Kelly III bluethegrappler at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 01:07:45 UTC 2013

On 10/08/2013 08:41 PM, Wil Wade wrote:
> 79811 according to http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=84036
> (Depending on how you count day vs night). Although calculating it
> yourself is so much more fun.
>

>     I get a date overflow error before I find another Thanksgivukkah.
>
> Are you running it on a 64bit computer? Shouldn't have an issue getting
> to 79811 in Unixtime with 64bits.

I actually am using a 64-bit computer, and running:
file `which remind`
shows that remind is a 64-bit ELF. It is specifically the hebdate()
function that reports a date overflow, and I'm not sure what remind's
internal representation of a Hebrew date is.

It seems like a silly thing to spend so much time on, but having put
this much work into it already, I really kind of want to make it work,
LOL. I even wrote a blog post about it already, before I realized I had
the calculation of Thanksgiving wrong. At least it is interesting to
note that if we hadn't changed Thanksgiving, they would coincide again
in only 95 years. :-)