[Chugalug] internal DNS

Nick Smith nick at nicksmith.us
Mon Oct 7 17:19:17 UTC 2013

Well i decided to go the bind route.  It was very simple to setup.
Found a great tutorial here if anyones interested:
http://mixeduperic.com/ubuntu/seven-easy-steps-to-setting-up-an-interal-dns-server-on-ubuntu.html

Thought it would be more complicated than that. Not much overhead either.
Edit one file and restart bind to add a new machine name.

Got everything rockin along resolving internal names now.

Not really crazy about how ubuntu changed resolv.conf i guess now you have
to add it to /etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/base to get the same effect.
Or just add it to the static interfaces settings.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions!