[Chugalug] Silk Road and Bitcoins

William Roush william.roush at roushtech.net
Mon Oct 7 15:28:15 UTC 2013

I agree that there are things going on that I don't agree with, but I
think the sensationalism detracts from the problem, you're only going to
attract the more extremist personalities that likely already agree with
you with that kind of language and visualization.

However I do agree with a post I was reading awhile ago on this subject:
a lot of these things are technically legal because they was a huge push
to use them against minorities (political, racial, etc.) over half a
century ago (various questionable methods of search, checkpoints, etc.),
we're just upset now because it isn't just being used against
minorities, kind of shot ourselves in the foot with fear on that one
(don't we always?). So I really hate the rhetoric on how we're becoming
a police state considering we've been the same for awhile, just we
weren't the ones they were harassing...

We've got a lot of legal unraveling to do if you wanted to fix this.

William Roush