[Chugalug] coupons.com: major web/linux fail

William Roush william.roush at roushtech.net
Sun Oct 6 19:51:56 UTC 2013

 > [...] easily circumventable [...]

Yep just files hanging around on the drive...

Write crappy DRM > sue people that circumvent it. Hope that lawsuit
doesn't hold worth a crap (though it seems lawyers suggest
otherwise...). I'd understand if the DRM was more than "we leave shit on
your doorstep with a UUID encoded in it, don't clean it up or we'll sue
you!".

I guess the other reason Linux isn't considered (but I doubt they've
thought of that) is that containers allow you to easily spin up new
containers that look physical, print coupons, and trash them (though
deploying templates of Windows, printing and trashing isn't hard either).

Anyway, not surprised that a company that has no clue what they're doing
software wise hasn't written a Linux client.

William Roush