[Chugalug] Bit coins not cash! Not as anonymous as thought!

Lynn Dixon boodaddy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 00:07:10 UTC 2013

All transactions are stored in the block chain and are not anonymous.
However, a wallet is anonymous once you generate it.  There is no personal
information stored in the Wallet and no way to tie it back to you.

If the government did seize the guy's Wallet (he possibly stores it on his
server? which would be stupid)  then they do indeed have access to all the
btc in that Wallet.

And from reading the article, it appears the guy running the Silk Road was
an idiot.

We did see a small bubble drop for about 6 hours after the story broke as
people started panicked selling, but the market recovered with a few hours.
This was not a direct attack by the government on the validity of Bitcoins.