[Chugalug] Road Server Project

Joe Freeman joe at netbyjoe.com
Fri Oct 4 14:27:19 UTC 2013

It is definitely something you can do with a raspi. I put something similar
together a bit ago using a b model raspi, a usb 4g dongle, and a linksys
wrtg-54 running dd-wrt.

There are also some wireless routers that'll run dd-wrt and also have a USB
port that can be used with a USB 4g dongle, as well.

I think the biggest issue you'll have is getting enough power using the
raspi. It typically likes at least 1000ma at 5v itself, and doesn't provide
much current to the usb ports, so people often use powered usb hubs with it.