[Chugalug] Network Ops Supervisor & Engineer Opportuntiies

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Thu Oct 3 15:56:05 UTC 2013

Well...
When I moved to Colorado (from Miami) in 1996 I thought that I was moving to
the Arctic.
I found it to be the place where I could go snowboarding in the morning and
mountain biking in the afternoon.
In the Winter...

In the summer it would be white water rafting, or hiking, or hangliding, or
you name it.

I've been in and out of Montana for years.
Both, in the summer and the winter.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, sometimes is cold, but plying in the ice is FUN!

I spent 6 months in Alaska a couple of years ago.
Nothing like 24/7 daylight to drive you crazy!
Next I hope to spend a full winter in AK, it must be a different experience!

Now, you are taking this advice from a guy that was born and raised in a
place where you could sleep naked on the beech year-round and live another
day (for as long as you didn't die from alcohol poisoning), so it might not
be most sound advice.

On the other hand, I used to go shovelling snow on shorts and T-shirts and I
still take bare-foot walks in the snow.

Wife says that I am nuts.
I just think that it is not that bad...

I'd move back to CO, MT (Western!) in a heartbeat (or AK around Achorange!),
but I'd have to find a different wife.
Anyone wants to trade a 45'ish for a couple 20'sumtin'?   :)
ET