[Chugalug] Phybridge

Jeremy Gault, KD4NED kd4ned at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 20:09:00 UTC 2013

Long time lurker, figured it was time to post... :P

Anyone out there had experience with this "Phybridge" product that
supposedly provides Ethernet over a single wire pair?  Someone mentioned it
to me as a possible solution for some VoIP installations, but I'm
skeptical... I figure that Ethernet uses two pairs for a reason, and
attempting to consolidate it into one pair might just be asking for
trouble... much like trying to do single-pair T1's back in the day?

Should I run, not walk, away from said product?

     Jeremy

--
Jeremy Gault, KD4NED
Senior Phone/Network Engineer, Ham Radio Guy, and Wizard of All Things