[Chugalug] OT - Speaking of Designers (anyone know Wordpress?)

David White dwrudy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 18:47:21 UTC 2013

William,
I think I originally misread your email. I was getting ready to write,
quoting a line from my previous email,:

I don't want to work on Wordpress sites (I'm not a developer, and don't
> want to be one). In other words, web development is *not* a service that
> we offer. :)

But then I realized you probably weren't talking to me in a polite way of
saying "You're lazy, you should just do it" and instead, I'm guessing you
were making a suggestion that if I can find someone who does web
development, they might turn out to be able to do this type of work.

Regardless of whatever the heck you meant to say, thanks for the input.

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM, William Roush
<william.roush at roushtech.net>wrote:

>  Just my 10 cents, but anyone that does website design and basic PHP work
> should be able to handle Wordpress templating easily. I haven't touched
> Wordpress for years till recently and I'm VERY impressed with how easy it
> is now (though some custom funny pages may require some understanding of
> Wordpress routing and whatnot, at least mine did).
>

> William Roush
>

> On 10/2/2013 9:11 AM, David White wrote:
>
>  ... does anyone design or work on Wordpress sites?
>
>  I just lost a potential client because they want a company to both
> design/maintain their existing Wordpress site *and* host it.
>
>  I tried explaining that design and hosting are two completely separate
> things, but alas.
>
>  Maybe if I know some folks, I could avoid this in the future. If that
> had happened to someone running Drupal, I would've gotten in touch with Lee
> *way* before now....
>
>  --
>  David White
> Founder & CEO
>  *
> *
>  *Develop CENTS *
>  Computing, Equipping, Networking, Training & Supporting
> Nonprofit Organizations Worldwide
> http://developcents.com
> 423-693-4234

David White