[Chugalug] OT - Speaking of Designers (anyone know Wordpress?)

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Wed Oct 2 13:22:01 UTC 2013

> ... does anyone design or work on Wordpress sites?
> I just lost a potential client because they want a company to both design/maintain their existing Wordpress site and host it.

You don't have to physically host it, yourself. They want you to manage
that hosting and possibly domain registration.

This is an opportunity. You get a hosting account with a good provider,
and "make it work" for a reasonable additional fee. They get one finger to
point to, one point of contact and write one check. Monthly.

Add in some extra value added services: Do backups, etc.. and take care of
them and it can turn into a nice residual recurring income.  When I was
doing it, I charged $30 a month for managed hosting. I still have a few of
them that will not move elsewhere and they now pay me $300 once a year
(easier for me). It pays for the colo/virtual server that hosts the
chugalug server and other things.