[Chugalug] Looking to upgrade my system

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 27 16:07:46 UTC 2013

My current motherboard only holds a maximum of 4 Gigs of RAM (yeah..
these days systems START at 4 Gigs. <grin>) So, I'm looking to
upgrade. I'd like to spend around $150 for a motherboard AND CPU
combo. Prefer AMD, but I'm willing to consider Intel. Obviously going
UEFI is probably mandatory, but if there's a way to disable UEFI, then
that would be awesome. :)

Looking on Amazon and there are a lot of options. Personally, I'd like
to have space to add a video card and disable any on-board video at a
later date, so a slot for a good video card would be preferable.

Looking for specific suggestions around $150 for a combination.
Definitely no more than $200.