[Chugalug] big 'un

basic2point0 at gmail.com basic2point0 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 20:11:16 UTC 2013

That’s a pretty sweet 1st system.

I was thinking my first system was a C64, but then I remembered it was actually my 2nd. I had TRS-80. It had 4k of RAM and all the data you could store on a cassette tape. The OS was BASIC and the only graphical interface was a blinking green cursor.

One year my dad got tired of me using the “big” TV, because it took me hours to type in all the code I found in used COMPUTE! (only to get to the end and find out I PEEK’d when I should have POKE’d), and Commodores were only $200, so I got my own 13” b&w tv and a C64 from Hills dept. store.