[Chugalug] wireless routers

James Nylen jnylen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 06:57:42 UTC 2013

Right here is why I love this list.  In the same thread, I get a way to try
to solve my wifi issues for <$10, an excellent review of a device that will
certainly work if the homemade reflector doesn't, and advice not to use an
integrated wireless router.

My router died and I got a new one recently (a TP-Link
TL-WDR3600<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008RV51EE>)
and the wireless range is awful.  I'll probably be trying the cheap option
first, then the more expensive one.

On the plus side, though, I'm extremely impressed with the trunk build of
OpenWRT.  It's Linux with a full package system and a remarkably sane
design throughout.  With some external storage space, you can use it to run
just about any service you want on your router.