[Chugalug] wireless routers

Dan Lyke danlyke at flutterby.com
Fri Nov 22 16:44:30 UTC 2013

On Fri, 22 Nov 2013 10:13:56 -0500
John Aldrich <jmaldrich at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Andrew... but that's what I'm trying to AVOID! :D I don't
> want my neighbors banging on my wi-fi trying to guess the
> password. :) I want to -just- cover the interior of my house.

So I just sent a longer post on how much I love my Ubiquiti UniFi APs,
but you could do this with a multiple AP solution by turning down the
power on the exterior ones...

Personally, the more I learn about BGP routing attacks and the various
places there are extant MitM attacks going on, the more I'm thinking
that building my networks so that *everything* is encrypted
machine-to-machine is the way to go: SSH tunnels even on local nets.

Dan